Look How Far She's Come...

Look How Far She's Come...
11.20.09 3 lbs. 3 oz. 16 in.
*BELIEVE*

Friday, September 24, 2010

She is Starving!

Poor little thing still hasn't gotten to eat yet. They have to wait until what they are sucking out of her belly turns clear. It is close, so hopefully sometime today she will get to eat. I just hate seeing her so mad. I have never seen her mad for so long. I haven't seen a smile out of her in 2 days. I also haven't held her since before she went into surgery which is killing me. I usually rock her to sleep and hold her and play with her all day. She doesn't even want to be moved right now. She gets mad when you even try to move her head. She still has the nerve blocker in. They said they want to leave it in one more day and then will probably take it out tomorrow. She has been doing really good with that and hasn't needed any of the other pain medicine she is allowed to have. Yesterday she wasn't peeing very good so they gave her some extra fluids to help. They also gave her a blood transfusion because her count was low. It definitely helped her color, she was getting so pale. They are very happy that they were able to put her vent settings back to where they were before surgery instead of having to increase them! I just can't wait to be back home and get things back to "normal". And then do this all over again in 6 months and repeat 3 more times. Once we get home I would like to post pictures of her O before and after so be on the lookout for those if you don't want to see them!

3 comments:

  1. Aww, poor girl.
    I'm glad the surgery went well, though! Hopefully you'll be back at home and she'll be snug in your arms again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 1/4 of the size the o was must make you so happy! I'm glad she's breathing well. I get mad when I'm hungry too! I hope the repogul clears up soon. Prayers!

    Love,
    Kate, Ingrids mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear that everything has gone so well. I'm proud of that strong, brave little girl. Keep it up FIona! You are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete