Look How Far She's Come...

Look How Far She's Come...
11.20.09 3 lbs. 3 oz. 16 in.
*BELIEVE*

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Most Recent O pictures!

WARNING: O pictures below! You might not want to look at them if you get queasy easily!


This is Fiona's belly about a month ago (so 2 months post 3rd surgery). The open areas are the Gortex patch underneath. Like I have said, it doesn't cause a problem that it is exposed, we were just really hoping for it to stay closed this time. We (well we meaning me!) are changing the dressing once a day. I put wound get on it a couple times a week. That stuff just makes a mess and gets crusty and sticks to the patch, but I do think it helps skin growth so that's why I am still using it sometimes. I then put a non-adhering dressing on so that the top layer doesn't stick directly to her belly. Then I either put just 4x4 pieces of gauze on top and tape them down or 1 piece of gauze and a piece of Duoderm adhering dressing (this stuff is water proof and is what we put on when she is going swimming, but it also sticks better than the tape so sometimes I use it on other days too). She has had Pseudomonas twice since the last surgery, but it doesn't cause any major problems and easily goes away with the acetic acid treatments. Her belly is now even more open than it is in this picture so I will have to take a new one soon. I just discovered last night that the patch on the one side isn't even connected to anything anymore and that skin has grown underneath it!







No comments:

Post a Comment