Look How Far She's Come...

Look How Far She's Come...
11.20.09 3 lbs. 3 oz. 16 in.
*BELIEVE*

Thursday, March 18, 2010

What a Stinker!




About 1/2 an hour ago Fiona thought it would be a good idea to pull her NG tube the whole way out of her nose! A couple times she has gotten her little finger in there and pulled it out a little bit and we just push it back in. But today she pulled it the WHOLE way out. And the funny thing is, she was sleeping! Just yesterday she found her face, haha. She has been touching it non stop. Even when she is sleeping! I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. I wish we could get that dang thing out of there so we didn't have to worry about it!




Yesterday Fiona had her Early Intervention assessment. They were very interested in her! None of them had ever seen an O. The things we will most be working on are her bottle feedings and strenghtening her neck muscles (although there will be other things too). She will have Occupational Therapy (for feeding) twice a week and Physical Therapy (for everything else) once a week for now. We can increase things as we think she needs it.




She got her 2nd RSV shot today. She was not a happy camper. But she was only mad for about 5 minutes and then fell back to sleep! I'm pretty sure RSV season is over in April so hopefully she won't have to get any more of those. I'm guessing that she will still be considered high risk next season so she will probably have to get them next year too.




Casey (our day nurse) and I took her for her first walk yesterday. It was so nice out! I can't believe I didn't take a picture of it though! If I had $1 for every person that gave us a funny look, I would be rich. Yes, I know, it is something that people have never seen before, but there is no need to stare and give funny looks. Ugh!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything is going so well. Guess you're going to have to watch her like a hawk now with those busy hands! Hopefully, the tube will be out really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how ya feel with the funny looks after a while you don't even notice them!!! In the mean time take some pitchures with you on every walk and hand them out. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete