Look How Far She's Come...

Look How Far She's Come...
11.20.09 3 lbs. 3 oz. 16 in.
*BELIEVE*

Saturday, June 19, 2010

YAY for gaining weight!




Well Fiona has had her NG tube out for 2 1/2 weeks now and is doing awesome! She got a weight check yesterday (because her nutritionist wanted to make sure she was gaining weight) and is now 12 lbs 3 oz! She is gaining really well! And *knock on wood* I think we are past the point of even thinking about putting the NG tube back it! YAY! One less thing we have to worry about now!

I finally got ahold of her Pulmonologist the other day (after trying 5 times) and she has us turn down 2 of the settings on her ventilator! We went from 26 to 22 breaths per minute and from 22 to 20 on the pressure control. Everyone keeps asking me how long she is going to be on the vent. And honestly the answer is NO ONE KNOWS! I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but I get kind of tired having to tell people that over and over haha! Here are her setting right now: Breaths per Minute- 22, Pressure Control- 20, Pressure Support- 12, PEEP- 5, and Insp. Time- .08. I really don't know what the settings have to be at for her to get off of it. I know that in the NICU the BPM had to be 20 or less for them to take her off. But everything else has to go down too. I THINK that the Pressure Support and PEEP should both be at 0. So she still has a ways to go. We have to get a blood gas (which she hasn't gotten in a long time!) on Monday to see how her CO2 is from these changes we made. We see Pulomonology again on the 29th and if everything is good they will make some more changes. She also wants to take her off the vent for 5 minutes and see what happens. I don't think she is going to last the whole 5 minutes though.

In other news we are going to start having a Speech Therapist come in once a week to work with her. Like we don't have enough people here already! I'm not sure what they are going to start out doing, but eventually we will be teaching her Baby Signs! I am really excited about this!

1 comment:

  1. That's great news about the NG tube! Keep up the good work, Fiona. I'll be eager to know it goes on the 29th and with the SLP. I work with some awesome SLP's and I'm always amazed how creative and caring they are with their patients.

    ReplyDelete