Look How Far She's Come...

Look How Far She's Come...
11.20.09 3 lbs. 3 oz. 16 in.
*BELIEVE*

Sunday, January 31, 2010

1-31-10

We have had a busy weekend! Fiona had lots of visitors... yesterday Nana (Tom's mom), Boo, Uncle Josh, and Aunt Ashley were here. And today we had NeeNee and Poppa (my mom and dad), Aunt Amanda, Uncle Adam, Colten, Jackson, and Adriana here! The boys got to go in long enough to say "Hi, love you Fiona, bye!" They are actually not aloud in the NICU, but our nurse said it would be ok for just a minute. Colten went running out into the waiting room and told everyone, "She's pretty cool!" Haha they are so cute! Nana, NeeNee, and Aunt Amanda all got to hold her!

Fiona is now up to full feeds (17 cc/hr)! She did have a little spitting up today, but nothing they were worried about. She actually hasn't done that since she was at about 2 cc/hr, but I guess all babies spit up sometimes. They were able to wean her vent to 34 bpm today (from 36). Her O looks different every day. There is so much skin on it now! Only a little ways to go! Last night my parents got to stay in the room and watch while Tom and I changed her dressing, gave her a bath, changed her trach ties, weighed her, changed her bed, and dressed her. My dad said now my mom should know why I don't answer the phone when she calls at night! The nurse sat Fiona up while Tom changed her trach ties and I REALLY wish I could have gotten a picture, it was priceless! It was the first time she had ever sat up like that. She had the most surprised/shocked look on her face! Tonight it is my turn to change the ties. Hope I do as good of a job as Tom did! We will continue our learning/training tomorrow and it will be my turn to change the whole trach!

Tomorrow starts a new month which means we get new doctors (for some reason they rotate sections and even hospitals). Not so sure how I feel about that. We loved one of the doctors we had this past month! Guess we will just have to find another one we love!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are all doing great! So happy for you!! Give that precious little angel kisses from all of us!!! Love her pictures too!! Chubby babies are the cutest!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy we all got to come down to visit today, although I didn't really get to talk to you much. Fiona is such a little snuggle bug. Good luck changing the trach ties tonight!! You guys are doing such a great job! Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you guys everyday!! Glad to hear things are going well and getting better!! Hopefully you guys will be able to bring her home soon!!
    Lots of love!!
    Nicole & Rich

    ReplyDelete